We went on a quick weekend trip to Utah the first weekend in March. Brian and Chelsie were blessing little Grayson, so we decided to head down. I was so indecisive about going. I wanted to go, but wasn't really looking forward to a 6 hour car ride. Lately my hips have hurt more from sitting in one place too long. And then I have "worst case scenario" syndrome when it comes to this pregnancy. I was so worried that something would happen while traveling down or when we were down there and I would have this baby early. But I decided to have a little faith and took my blood pressure cuff with me just in case!
Here's the little guy...
Here's the little guy...
The drive actually turned out okay...as far as my discomfort went and Tess did great. It was a really long drive for other reasons (multiple stops) and we got down there super late, but at least we made it. Saturday morning was nice and lazy. Dave went for a long run and Tess and I hung out with Grandma while Grandpa was working.
That afternoon, we went and took some pictures of Tess. That was one thing that I have had on my TO DO list for a while and I wanted to be sure to capture Tess's 2 year photos. We went to the same place we went at Christmas time hoping that we could get a few more pics than last time. We had stopped to get some balloons and brought a chair for a prop. Tess was not in the best of moods, but would smile for a fruit snack. Later, Chelsie came over and got a few more pics of Tess smiling using her smarties method...much more effective than fruit snacks! She managed to actually snap some smiles out of that girl and got a few of us as a family. They turned out great! I was relieved! And big thanks to Chelsie! I'll do a separate post with the pics since there are a few...but here is a cute one of Tess for now.
That night we had a big family dinner with Grandpa and Grandma, Beth, Brian, Chelsie and their two kiddos. It was fun to be together and watch Tess and Avery interact. Tess is still quite shy around other kids, but hopefully that will go away as she gets older. She couldn't get enough of Grayson though. She just sat there and stared at him pointing. I am hoping that this is a good sign for us and that she is going to love her new baby sister.
Sunday morning was the blessing. Brian gave a beautiful blessing to little Grayson. We headed home after a quick brunch hoping that the drive would be faster than the drive down. We had left Provo just after noon and by the time we hit the point of the mountain in Draper, Dave and I were both wiped out tired. Surprise surprise. Tess was out, so we decided that this would be a perfect time to pull over and get a quick catnap while she was sleeping. I know...we are pathetic! We will never be one of those golden oldie couples that trade their house in for an RV and roadtrip around the states. We would be stopping every 15 minutes to sleep! But that catnap was perfect and we were on the road again 45 minutes later much more rested and happy!
We stopped in Snowville to get gas and eat our lunch. While I was in the bathroom (Dave was outside with Tess), I ran into my aunt. They had been in Jerome for the weekend visiting her mother. So we sat and chatted right there in the bathroom. I didn't think anything of it because I thought it would just be quick since they were on the road and we were too, but we ended up talking in there for over a half hour. Don't ask me why we didn't move the conversation outside...we were just so into talking that we couldn't stop. I'm sure all the ladies that came and went thought we were crazy.
I finally told Robin I would see her out in the store. I thought Jerry was waiting in the car for her, but she said that he was out in the store probably talking to Dave. When I went out, there they were talking and laughing and wondering where in the heck their wives were! In fact, Dave had asked a woman who had just come out if there was some crazy long line in the bathroom. She said "no, but there are two women in there talking having the conversation of their lives!" Both Dave and Jerry laughed saying "those ladies are our wives." Dave almost sent the lady back in to get us as I was walking out. What can I say? You get two ladies together who haven't seen each other for a long time...they are bound to talk and catch up, even if it is in the bathroom of the gas station.
We hurried and ate our lunch and got on our way...another hour detour. We were SO grateful to pull into Boise after a long day of driving. It was a fun weekend and we were glad that we were able to make it down to see family and celebrate with them!
.jpeg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment