Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fairy Godmother and Favorite Aunt


When Tess was born, we had so much support from everyone. It was overwhelming. We were so grateful! The outpouring of LOVE was unbelievable. One of my friends Melanie kept very close tabs on Tess. She spoiled her with so many gifts. She was so kind. I dubbed her Tess's "Fairy Godmother". And so Mel gifted this little onesie to Tess. She will always be remembered as Tess's Special Fairy Godmother.

  
{Mel cuddling with sleepy Tess}


When I became an aunt for the very first time over 6 years ago, I bought anything and everything I could find that said "favorite aunt" or the likes of it. I had one nephew and two nieces born within 3 months of each other. Not having children of my own, I would go on shopping frenzies, and boy was it fun! I've had to be a little more low-key now that we have many more nieces and nephews added to the bunch (doesn't mean I don't love them as much). Anyway, my sister-in-law Beth found this onesie and gave it to Tess as payback for all the "favorite aunt" paraphernalia I gave her kids. I think she is pretty cute in it with her wrinkled up nose. And Beth, maybe you will be the favorite aunt...but you might have some stiff competition. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment