This was our first Halloween together where we dressed up! I have no idea why we were such bah-humbugs last year, but I was determined we would be in full costume this year. Dave was a good sport and humored me. Luckily we had gone to Oregon the weekend before and rummaged through Beth and Shae's dress up box and found us some mighty pirate costumes.
The Friday night before Halloween, we put on our pirate costumes and headed out for the ward trunk or treat. It was a bit chilly, but that didn't stop all the kids from making several rounds. There were so many kids that we ran out of candy! And here I thought we would have leftovers for Halloween snacking.
 |
| Aargh! |
 |
| Miles in his skeleton costume...he is in my primary class |
 |
| The three amigos: Cardon, Thomas, and Nicholas |
 |
| Strawberry Shortcake and her strawberry sidekick (Suszette and Mya) |
 |
| The Millwards...fangs and all |
 |
| Tough Mary Jo and Creepy Greg |
On Halloween night, we stayed in and had dinner in a pumpkin. I had looked online for recipes and found several different ones...most of them sounded not so appealing. I found one that I thought would be okay and threw it all together. Much to my surprise, it was actually pretty tasty!
 |
| Dinner! |
And no Halloween celebration is complete without caramel apples. We made those the next night for Family Home Evening. After struggling with keeping the caramel and candy on the apples, Dave showed me up once again with his superior culinary skills and technique. He put the apples in the freezer to get them really cold and then dipped them in a narrow bowl full of caramel. And wouldn't you know, the caramel stayed on those apples perfectly.
 |
| Dipping... |
 |
| rolling... |
 |
| and perfection! I think you can tell which is Dave's creation. |
No comments:
Post a Comment